Chemist Direct Hayfever Tablets gives you Chlorphenamine tablets that help treat symptoms of allergies caused by hayfever, pet dander, or hives. Each tablet contains 4mg Chlorphenamine.
These tablets provide protection from allergy symptoms caused by:
- Food allergies
- Nettle rash or hives
- Hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- Serum sickness
- Insect bites
- Nasal congestion
Caution: This product causes drowsiness. If affected, do not operate machinery or drive and avoid alcohol.
Warnings / Side effects
Caution before taking Chemist Direct Hayfever Tablets:
- Do not exceed stated dose
- May cause drowsiness
- If affected do not drive or operate heavy machinery
- Avoid alcoholic drink
- Contraindications: Hypersensitivity to chlorphenamine or to any of the excipients.
- Patients with rare hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, the Lapp lactase deficiency orglucose-galactose malabsorption should not take this medicine.
- Interactions with other medicinal products and other forms of interaction.
- There has been a report of adverse effects caused by concomitant use with phenytoin, but drug interactions are rare.
- The most serious problem is the possible potentiation of the effects of alcohol.
- Pregnancy and lactation: Not recommended in pregnancy and lactation.
- Effects on ability to drive and use machines: Chlorphenamine as with most antihistamines may cause drowsiness and dizziness and as such, there may well be an adverse effect on driving ability and handling of machinery.
Possible side effects whilst taking Chemist Direct Hayfever Tablets:
Other adverse effects may include hypotension, muscular weakness, incoordination, euphoria, visual disturbances, tremor, agitation, insomnia, palpitations, bronchoconstriction, facial swelling, intestinal disturbance and higher doses may cause unwanted effects associated with anticholinergicaction e.g. dry mouth, dry eyes, urinary retention and constipation. There is a possibility ofnitrosamine formation when taken with dietary nitrite.
Usage / Instructions
How to takeChemist Direct Hayfever Tablets:
- Chlorphenamine tablets should be taken orally with a drink of water.
- Normal dosage for adults and the elderly: one tablet three or four times a day.
- Children from 6-12 years: half a tablet three or four times a day.
- Children under 6 years: not recommended.
Chemist Direct Hayfever Tablets contain:
The active ingredient Chlorphenamine maleate, which is commonly used to treat hayfever symptoms. This product also contains lactose.