- Aid for preventing build-up of plaque on the teeth and maintaining oral hygiene.
- Prevention and treatment of gum disease (gingivitis).
- Promoting gum healing after dental surgery.
- Management of mouth ulcers (apthous ulcers).
- Management of inflammation of the lining of the mouth due to irritation from dentures.
Warnings / Side effects
Chlorhexidine Gluconate Antiseptic Mouthwash Peppermint Warnings:
- Tooth/tongue staining
- increased tartar
- mouth/throat irritation
- change in taste of food/drinks may occur
Chlorhexidine can cause brown staining of the teeth. This is not permanent and can largely be avoided by:
- Brushing with toothpaste 3 times daily, brushing more on the stained areas.
- Use of a ‘tartar control’ toothpaste and electric toothbrush may be more effective.
- See your dentist at least every 6 months for tooth cleaning/tartar removal.
- Staining from this medication that may occur on dental work (such as crowns or veneers) usually can only be removed by a dentist/hygienist.
- To decrease the effect on how food tastes, eat first, followed by tooth brushing and then chlorhexidine rinse
Usage / Instructions
How do I use Chlorhexidine Gluconate Antiseptic Mouthwash Peppermint:
- Do not swallow the chlorhexidine gluconate rinse.
- Swish it around your mouth and spit it out.
- Use chlorhexidine gluconate after brushing and flossing your teeth.
- Do not dilute the solution with water or any other liquid.
- Avoid eating, drinking, and rinsing your mouth for at least 1 hour after using chlorhexidine gluconate.
Chlorhexidine Gluconate Antiseptic Mouthwash Peppermint contains:
- 1% w/w chlorhexidine digluconate (equivalent to 5% v/w chlorhexidine digluconate solution Ph Eur).